Free Image Editor – Bitmap Image-Editing Application that Lets You Retouch Existing Photos or Create Original GraphicsWednesday, August 5, 2009 22:41
Free Image Editor is a really useful software and gives you the tools for professional graphic editing.
There is TWAIN and support for importing from any scanner. Free Image Editor provides a rich graphics toolset for digital photography, print production and Web design.
Here are some key features of “Free Image Editor”:
· JPEG (RGB, GrayScale, YCbCr, CMYK, YCbCrK) loading and saving.
· JPEG2000: JP2, J2K and JPC code stream formats (JPEG-2000 Part-1 standard, ISO/IEC 15444-1) loading and saving.
· TIFF (rev.6.0, Packbits, CCITT G.3 and G.4) with RGB, CMYK, B/W, CIELab color spaces loading and saving. Also FAX (CCITT3) format supported for loading.
· PNG with various compression levels loading and saving.
· Compressed and uncompressed BMP in 2,16,256 or 16M colors loading and saving.
· Compressed and uncompressed PCX in 2,16,256 or 16M colors loading and saving.
· DIB, RLE, TGA (TARGA, VDA, ICB, VST, PIX) loading and saving.
· Portable Bitmap PBM, PGM and PPM loading and saving.
· WBMP (Wireless Bitmap) uncompressed and black/white loading and saving.
· GIF in 2,4,8,16,32,64,128 or 256 colors loading and saving.
· WMF, EMF (input as raster), ICO and CUR loading.
· RAW Camera formats (CRW, CR2, NEF, RAW, PEF, RAF, X3F, BAY, ORF, SRF, MRW, DCR) loading.
· MultiPage TIF, GIF and AVI loading and saving.
· PhotoShop PSD format loading and saving.
· Saving/loading of specific file format parameters and saving/loading of preview dialogs (e.g. you can set quality of a Jpeg and view immediately the quality loss).
· Progress monitoring with saving and loading.
· Image properties getting without loading it.
· Image acquisition from TWAIN scanner with full control of the scanner capabilities.
· Screen capture by various methods (all desktop, rectangle selection, object and active window).
· Video capture from various video sources.
Image processing and analysis:
· Decreasing and increasing of raster lines thickness.
· Image and paper resizing.
· Image rotation any angle by various methods.
· Image deskew by various methods.
· Horizontal and vertical flip.
· Image invert conversion.
· Selected region cropping.
· Conversion to gray scale and negative.
· Color to other color replacing .
· Median cut and Neural network color quantizers, for fast and accurate color reduction.
· Reduction to any number of colors (with colormap output).
· HSV and RGB channels separations.
· Color equalization.
· Regulation of contrast, HSL, HSV/ HSB and RGB components.
· LineArt filters: despeckle and so on.
· Application of 3×3 filters.
· Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) with preview.
· Maximum (dilation), Minimum (erosion), Opening and Closing filters with preview.
· Picture filters (soften, sharpen, color emboss, gaussian blur, antialias, remove red eyes and auto equalize).
· Contour filters (find edges and trace).
· Bump mapping, lens, wave, morph and other effects.
· Preview of all the effects in a single dialog, with 8 preset filters and save/load filters from file.
· Progress monitoring for image processing tasks.
· Multilevel Undo/Redo for raster editing.
· Raster layers.
Raster paint operations:
· Various paint tools (sketch, line, ellipse, curve, rectangle, round rectangle, flood fill, spray, eraser and eyedropper).
· Various pen styles (solid, clear, dash, dot, dashdot and dashdotdot).
· Various brush styles (solid, clear, cross, diagonal cross, b-diagonal, f-diagonal, vertical and horizontal).
· Choice of pen and brush colors.
· Real time Zoom-in and Zoom-out (by percentage, zoom in rectangular area or by one mouse click). Zoom-previous is also available.
· Real time Pan (click and drag the image with mouse).
· Scrollbar in two dimensions for the fast exploration of the image.
· Printing (and print preview) functions to print single images specifing page alignment or absolute position.
· 64 MB RAM