SymMover – Move Installed Programs To Other Folders & Disks Without ReinstallingWednesday, March 21, 2012 23:16
SymMover helps you move a folder from one disk to another, and keep its “location” in Windows Explorer. Windows still “thinks” the folder is located in the same place as before, even though it’s not.
SymMover achieves this by first moving the folder to its destination, and then creating a symbolic link between the source and destination. This means that software and games will still work after you move them to another disk.
This application is especially suitable for moving software or games. You can easily add installed software and games to SymMover’s main window, and move them back and forth between disks.
Here are some key features of “SymMover”:
· Add a folder from a searchable list of installed programs, or manually browse the disk.
· See the name, icon, location and status, and changes the destination for the added folders.
· Select folders to see a real-time display of free disk space on you disks. Gain and loss of disk space is displayed in green or red color.
· Move the selected folders with one click. SymMover will move the folder, and create a symbolic link.
· Move the selected folders back to their original location with one click. SymMover will remove the symbolic link, and move the folder back.
· SymMover will not let you do the move, if it is insufficient free disk space on one or more of the destination disks.