HDD Scan – A freeware application for low-level HDD diagnostics
HDDScan is a freeware application for low-level HDD diagnostics.
HDDScan supports IDE/SATA/SCSI hard disk drives, RAID arrays, external USB/Firewire hard disks, flash cards.
The program can scan the surface, view SMART attributes, adjust AAM, APM (Power Management), etc.
Capabilities and requirements:
Supported storage devises:
- ATA/SATA HDD.
- SCSI HDD.
- USB HDD (see Appendix A).
- FireWire or IEEE 1394 HDD (see Appendix A).
- RAID volumes made of ATA/SATA/SCSI HDDs (surface tests only).
- USB Flash (surface tests only).
Storage device tests:
- Verification in linear mode.
- Reading in linear mode.
- Erasing in linear mode.
- Reading in Butterfly mode (synthetic random read).
- Reading and analyzing S.M.A.R.T. parameters from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Reading and analyzing Log Pages from SCSI HDD.
- S.M.A.R.T. tests running on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Temperature monitor on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD (NEW).
- Reading and analyzing identity information from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD (NEW).
- Changing AAM, APM, PM parameters on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Reporting defect information on SCSI HDD.
- Spindle start/stop function on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD.
- Reports can be saved in MHT format (NEW).
- Reports can be printed (NEW).
- PC with CPU 1.5 GHz and RAM 256 Mb.
- OS Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 (with restrictions).
- The program shouldn’t be started from read-only device.