Firefox 12 ReleasedFriday, April 27, 2012 15:22
Mozilla has let loose the latest update for the popular Firefox web browser.
Firefox 12 offers a number of bug fixes and features, notably the suppression of the user account control dialog (UAC) pop-up.
Alongside the UAC change, the new version includes many security fixes and packs a number of developer tool improvements. Web Console, Scratchpad, Style Editor, Page Inspector, 3D Page Inspector and more.
Here’s an overview of the new in Firefox 12 below:
- New – Windows: Firefox is now easier to update with one less prompt (User Account Control)
- New – Page Source now has line numbers
- Changed – Line breaks are now supported in the title attribute
- Changed – Improvements to “Find in Page” to center search result
- Changed – URLs pasted into the download manager window are now automatically downloaded
- Developer – Support for the text-align-last CSS property has been added
- Developer – Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented
- Fixed – Various security fixes
- Fixed – Some TinyMCE-based editors failed to load (739141)
- Fixed – OS X: WebGL performance may be degraded on some hardware (713305)