Microsoft Security Essentials – Free Security Software for Your PC
Free Version for Vista and 7 (32 bit)
Free Version for XP (32 bit)
Free Version for Vista and 7 (64 bit)
You’re too busy to spend a lot of time worrying about protecting your PC. With Microsoft Security Essentials Beta, you get high-quality protection against viruses and spyware, including Trojans, worms and other malicious software. And best of all, there are no costs or annoying subscriptions to keep track of.
It’s very easy to install Security Essentials using it is even easier than one might expect. Updates and upgrades are automatic, so there’s no need to worry about having the latest protection. It’s easy to tell if you’re protected – when the Security Essentials icon is green, your status is good. It’s as simple as that.
When you’re busy using your PC, you don’t want to be bothered by needless alerts. Security Essentials runs quietly in the background, only alerting you if there’s something you need to do. And it doesn’t use a lot of system resources, so it won’t get in the way of your work or fun.
· For XP – CPU with clock speed of 500 MHz or higher
· For XP – Memory: 256 MB RAM or higher
· For Vista / W7 – CPU with clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher
· For Vista / W7 – Memory: 1 GB RAM or higher
· VGA (Display): 800 x 600 or higher
· Storage: 140 MB of available hard-disk space
· An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Microsoft Security Essentials
· Internet Browser (IE or Firefox)