PC Tools Internet Security 2009 – A Security Suite that Offers Complete Protection
PC Tools Internet Security package was designed to be a comprehensive software suite that offers complete protection to your computer by combining PC Tools’ award winning Anti-Spyware, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Firewall protection into a united, easy-to-use product.
Here are some key features of “PC Tools Internet Security”:
Best Spyware Protection. Used by Millions World Wide.
· PC Tools Internet Security includes Spyware Doctor, the worlds’ most awarded anti-spyware protection. Spyware Doctor alone has been downloaded more than 100 million times; with a million more downloads every week. Millions of people worldwide use Spyware Doctor to protect their identity and PC security against spyware, adware and other tracking threats.
· Spyware Doctor has consistently been awarded Editors’ Choice and Best of the Year awards, by leading PC magazines and testing laboratories around the world, including United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany and Australia. Spyware Doctor continues to be awarded the highest honors by many of the world’s leading PC publications
Detects, removes and blocks Spyware and Viruses.
· Did you know that numerous programs tested against Spyware Doctor detected only small fraction of Spyware and completely removed an even smaller amount? Also most of them were unable to effectively block Spyware in real time from being installed on users PC in the first place.
· PC Tools Internet Security includes both antispyware and antivirus protection and has the most advanced update feature that continually improves its Spyware and Virus fighting capabilities on a daily basis. As threats gets more complex to avoid detection, PC Tools Internet Security responds with new technology to stay one step ahead.
Easiest to Use
· PC Tools Internet Security is advanced technology designed especially for individuals, not experts. It is automatically configured out of the box to give optimal protection with limited interaction so all you need to do is install it for immediate and proven ongoing protection.
· We’ve done the research so you don’t have to, the advanced OnGuard technology only alerts you on a true Spyware, Virus and Firewall activity while also filtering emails for spam. This is significant because you should not be interrupted by cryptic questions every time you install software, add a site to your favorites or change your PC settings. Such messages can be confusing and may result in undesirable outcomes such as program errors, lost favorites or even spyware and viruses being allowed to install on the system.
· 300Mhz, 256Mb RAM (Win 2000, 32 bit XP)
· 1Ghz, 512Mb RAM (Vista Home Basic)
· 1Ghz, 1Gb RAM (All other 32 bit Vista versions)
· 150Mb of free hard disk space
· Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
· The trial version offers time unlimited real-time protection (free threat blocking), but does not remove threats detected during on-demand scans.
Reasons why this program is marked as ad-supported:
· The software is trying to install Browser Defender Toolbar. However you can uncheck this at installation.