Download Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 Beta with 90 Days trial
In 2011, Kaspersky Lab is planning to release Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
Features of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012:
- File security detection. A function to define the file security before starting work with it has been added. For example, if you downloaded a file from the Internet and you doubt its security, check its reputation in Kaspersky Security Network.
- Intellectual system of updates downloading has been implemented. This system allows to download databases for the enabled application components, thus minimizing the volume of the downloaded updates and the time needed for download.
- No training of the Anti-Spam module is required due to access to the “cloud” database of sample spam messages.
- Technologies of rootkit detection (rootkit is a program designed to hide the fact of system infection) have been significantly improved.
- Protection against unknown threats has been improved with the help of System Watcher. System Watcher uses information collected by other components of the application (for example, Proactive Defense, Email, Web and IM Anti-Virus, Firewall), which significantly improves the capacity to detect new unknown threats.
- Protection against phishing has been improved: information about the availability of a particular resource is first checked in the local database of phishing websites stored on Kaspersky Lab servers. Next, a request is sent to the “cloud” (Kaspersky Security Network), If there is no information in the two sources, heuristic analysis is carried out.
- The URL Advisor module has been enhanced. The process of determining the level of danger utilizes information not only from the databases of malicious and phishing URLs but also from the databases located on Kaspersky Lab servers. The URL Advisor module informs you of potential danger of a web-site even before you click the link. Furthermore, URL Advisor allows you to specify unwanted categories of web sites (such as “pornography”, “cruelty and violence“).
- The application’s efficiency has been improved and its impact on the computer’s performance significantly reduced.
- The impact of the application on the system performance has been optimized for the most common online user scenarios: watching movies (including high-resolution (HDTV)), listening to the radio, searching and browsing websites, making calls via VoIP (Skype and etc.), online games and etc.
- Touch-screen support is added.
- The function to view tasks execution has been implemented within Task Manager. The function allows you to define how the system resources are consumed and review the status of executed tasks, thus optimizing computer resources.
- Kaspersky Desktop Gadget has been significantly enhanced (for Windows Vista/7 only). The list of additional actions, whose response can be configured from the gadget, is increased. The added actions include update start, virtual keyboard, list of problems and etc.
New in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 interface
The interface of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 has been considerably re-designed:
- The main window now displays all necessary information on your computer’s protection status, the active defense components, the up-to-dateness of the anti-virus databases, and the license period.
- Browsing of Kaspersky Lab news has become more convenient. The news provides information about events in the company, special auctions and discounts.
- Statistics of Kaspersky Security Network activity is now available from the main application window. This feature allows to see how effective the “Cloud” technologies function and how secure your computer is protected.