Free Download Manager – A full featured freeware downloading program
Free Download Manager (FDM) is a full-featured freeware downloading program. It allows you to download files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. With FDM the downloading process will be as easy as never!
With FDM you needn’t start the downloading from the beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the place where it have been interrupted.
Also this program warns you if some servers don’t support download resuming. Free Download Manager will allow you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.
Free Download Manager never downloads the whole file at once. It splits files into several sections and then downloads them at the same time allowing you to increase your download speed up to 600%.
Free Download Manager can be used to organize your downloads, set the connection, launch the programs.
FDM is a light-weight, powerful and easy-to-use application. Also this software product is well-known for its intuitive and user-friendly interface. FDM can function as a site manager, accelerator, site explorer and scheduler.
This software application can be used in automatic mode. You can schedule the following operations: set or hang up the Internet connection, exit from the program and shutdown the computer. All the operations mentioned above can be set at the specified time.
FDM allows adjusting traffic usage. So it provides you with an opportunity to browse web pages much faster if you use a low connection speed.
Here are some key features of “Free Download Manager”:
· Free Download Manager (FDM) offers you a vast variety of options to control and schedule your downloads. This is a light-weight but powerful download manager.
· FDM can resume your broken download so that you needn’t start it from the beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted. Also this program warns you if resuming isn’t supported by the servers. It allows you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.
· FDM allows you to limit the downloading speed. There are 3 modes of network usage: Light, Medium and Heavy.
· Capability to split download into several sections allows you to increase download speed up to 600%.
· FDM can connect to the Internet at a set time, download the files you want, launch any program, disconnect or shut down your computer when it’s done.
· This download manager allows you to specify the settings of network usage, such as login and password, maximum number of connections, default group, etc. So you can avoid adjusting these settings every time you need to create new download from the server.
· Also you can download the whole web sites from the remote server. You can adjust FDM to download files with the extensions you have specified.