Songr – Easy to Search and Download Music from Your Desktop
Songr makes it a cinch: this simple tool allows you to search the Web for your favorite bands and songs, and download them straight away to your hard drive. No complicated settings, no endless web browsing, no hassle. Songr uses ten different MP3 search engines at the moment, though you can’t select which ones to use and that makes results quite variable, depending on what you’re looking for.
But Songr is not limited only to music and MP3. You can also use it to download YouTube videos in several formats (MP3, AVI, MPEG and HD MPEG if available) and buy your favorite songs right from Amazon and Rhapsody. Another outstanding feature is the ability to locate songs by their lyrics – really worth a try!
Songr works pretty well and is very easy to use. A few more improvements (like the ability to pause or queue downloads) and it’ll be great.
* Songr aggregates results from 14 mp3 search engines
* Download HQ/HD YouTube videos and optionally extracts the audio track as mp3
* It grays out low bitrate preview-only and mp3s
* Intelligent sorting: Songr tries to display high quality mp3s on the top of the list
* Double clicking a mp3 file opens it directly in Windows Media Player
* Songr converts links that point to a web page instead of the mp3 file
* It makes possible to discover the name of a song by typing some words in the Search by lyrics panel and listen to a preview of the song
* Automatic updates check, to get more search engine connectors
* Links to buy music from Amazon and Rhapsody
* Log file
* It’s freeware, without ads or restrictions